If you are looking for good GEF documentation then the chances are you already know how good GEF might be as a plugin. So straightway to the point. These steps are for java developers cause using java models you can get the full potential of GEF.
1. Try to understand the basic architecture behind the Eclipse GEF
2. Start following a tutorial for creating an graphical editor using GEF step by step
3. Mess around with the tutorial example editor you just created.
4. Reverse engineer the example to create a simple editor of your choice
5. Start creating your editor using GEF
6. Use google and use the GEF news forum for problems which you will definitely have.
7. Take a break every 30-40 classes.
3. common sense
4. best way to dig in to something
5. good luck
7. you’ll understand what I mean when you get to this step 😉
Tags: Easiest way to learn GEF, Eclipse GEF, Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework, GEF Example, GEF samples, GEF Tutorial, Is learning GEF hard?, Learn GEF in less than 2 days, Start Learning GEF, Start Learning Graphical Editing Framework